Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Members

Hi All,

This week we are welcoming Danica of Danica's Daily:

Hi all ~ I am Danica of Danica's Daily. I started my site in 2009 to share my daily adventures in cooking, traveling, eating, working out, just having fun and enjoying life. I have a passion for all things food, whether it is going out to eat or making my own healthy versions at home. My focus is on Eating Clean and enjoying the foods I eat. I love to run, bike, be active and do any type of exercise that does not seem like exercise. Since I am an avid recipe developer and someone who LOVES to eat, I have a slight kitchen gadget and cookbook addiction. My other addiction ~ The Food Network! Every time I watch Ellie, I end up making one of her delicious dishes! I can't wait to join in the fun and give myself a reason to buy more cookbooks :D


and Jennifer of take the day off:

Hi! I am Jennifer and I write the blog Take the Day Off . My blog covers my kitchen adventures and other lighthearted reflections as a newlywed who loves music, food and pop culture. I have been an Ellie K. fan since the beginning and often turn to her cookbooks for mealtime inspiration. I'm so glad that I found this group!


Welcome Danica & Jennifer!

11 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Thanks for letting me join all :) I have made two of the recipes so far and cannot wait to use my Ellie books more.

    Spring Rolls

    And

    This weeks recipe for the Southwestern hash :)

    I am not sure where to post my reviews of them but I posted on my site about them.

    I look forward to cooking with everyone :)

    Danica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are the links for the two recipes I made since I am not sure where to post them :)So....here is my Tell All

    This week's Southwestern Hash

    http://danicasdaily.com/the-healthy-ice-cream-social/

    And last week's Fresh Spring Rolls:

    http://danicasdaily.com/fresh-avocado-spring-rolls-wsweet-spicy-chili-lime-dipping-sauce/

    I LOVED the Spring Rolls but the Hash, not so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to join the group! I just made Ellie's Spice rub salmon--totally a staple recipe in our house. I also made the baked shrimp with tomatoes and feta and it was divine. Here is my link to that one if you are interested!

    http://takethedayoff.net/2010/04/baked_shrimp_with_tomatoes_and_feta/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering, when will next week's recipe go up? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a recipe for 5/27/10?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have emailed Sara and no response. Has anyone heard from her? I hope everything is okay with her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard from her about a month ago when I signed up and she said she is busy living life :)

    Hopefully she comes back soon so we can cook again or maybe she can share so someone else can do updates for all of us?

    I thought of randomly picking some recipes from my books, but, I think it's fun when we can all cook at the same time/same thing ~ like having dinner together or something LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanne of Applecrumbles has suggested we keep cooking until we hear back from Sara and I think that is an excellent idea. We are planning to do Shortcut Collard Greens on page 256 of TFYC for this Thursday. Please pass the word to any of the members of the group that you can. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Guys! Just to give you a heads up, next week, June 17th, the recipe is being picked by Kathryn of GRANDMAS KITCHEN TABLE. She has chosen: Salmon Florentine and Quinoa Pilaf with Pine Nuts. The book: "So Easy" pg. 196-198. Here are the online links:
    Salmon:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/healthy-appetite-with-ellie-krieger-/salmon-florentine-recipe/index.html

    Pilaf: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/quinoa-pilaf-with-pine-nuts-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Fellow CEiMB Members...next week, June 24th, the recipe is being picked by Margaret of Tea and Scones http://teaandscones.wordpress.com/ and she has selected Chicken Paella with Sausage and Olives on page 183 of So Easy. You can find the online recipe for it at Joanne's site (Apple Crumbles). Hope you all had a chance to make the salmon and quinoa, it was soooo good. I think the topping would work with chicken or pork as well, adjusting the baking times and adding it a little later in the cooking process.

    ReplyDelete