Saturday, April 18, 2009

Best of CEiMB - April 16, 2009

Lamb Stew with Orange


BEST PHOTOS OF THE WEEK:

This week best photo goes to Liz of the Not So Skinny Kitchen. This marks Liz's first post ever for Craving Ellie in my Belly, so a big congrats to her!




Best photo also goes to Jessica of A Singleton in the Kitchen for her creatively styled photo.




BEST POST OF THE WEEK

Hands down, this week's best post goes to Jessica of A Singleton in the Kitchen for her description of an encounter she had with a little boy at Whole Foods while procuring her lamb for this dish. The story is ridiculous to begin with, but the Billy Madison dodge ball reference gave me a good chuckle.


I went and procured the lamb and I was standing in line, waiting to check out, pondering my brother's assertion that Whole Foods "is a bunch of hippies saving the world one organic carrot at a time" (mind you, he shops there all of the time so there's no animosity in that statement), and generally minding my own business. I was literally knocked out of my reverie by the very loud slam of my cart into my abdomen. You see, this punk-a** little kid in front of me decided to mess with me. He took his empty cart, turned it around, and gave it a mighty shove into my cart. I like kids a lot, and they generally like me a lot too, but it took all of my "grown up" sensibilities not to rudely shove my cart back into his! And the look I got from him was just daring me to do it, too. We could have had a Billy Madison dodge ball moment: "Now you're all in big, BIG trouble." But his poor mother was embarrassed enough as she was whispering to him not to do such things and I thought it was probably best to go back to musing about the organic carrots.


Everything looked great this week and I loved all the different variations of this recipe :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that my little altercation with an 8 year old made everyone chuckle. I seriously wanted a throwdown though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you - I'm honored :)

    I was laughing at Jessica's post too though I'm not sure I could have controlled myself the way she did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and that post made laugh out loud!! ;)

    ReplyDelete