Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tell All - Peach French Toast Bake

Well I am excited for this one. I have made it several times and posted about on our blog - here.

Some notes:

- I would definitely advise flavoring your egg mixture with some combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, etc. You may find the recipe a bit bland as written.

- I usually halve the recipe in an 8x8 pan, so I am not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I almost always have to bake mine for more like 50-60 minutes.

- I think any fresh or frozen fruit will work in this recipe, so use what you have or like.

- One yummy sound change I read on the Food Network reviews is to use cinnamon or cinnamon raisin bread.

5 comments:

  1. I've made it before too... I think I used mixed berries. It was yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made it and used fresh pears from Harry and David. Wow! It was good! I didn't find it bland. I used a lot of cinnamon but, Ted put vanilla protein powder in it (I KNOW!...MEN!) so I'm not sure if that gave it more flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of cinnamon raisin bread. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had it for breakfast this morning - made a couple of changes based on what I had on hand. It was good, but didn't blow me away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used raisin challah bread and frozen blueberries and loved it!

    ReplyDelete