Saturday, June 6, 2009

Best of CEiMB - June 4, 2009

White Gazpacho with Grapes and Toasted Almonds:
A healthy and refreshing summer soup with cucumbers, garlic, scallions, and almonds. Surprisingly creamy with a wonderfully crunchy trio of garnishes.


This recipe can be found on page 83 of The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life by Ellie Krieger or it can be found here.


BEST PHOTOS OF THE WEEK

This week best photo goes to Joanne of Apple Crumbles. I think this week's recipe was right up Joanne's alley. A nice light dish with no vegetarian substitutions needed!




Runner up photo goes to Jessica of A Singleton in the Kitchen. I love this photo, it is so bountiful with all the delicious garnishes. Many people commented that the garnishes really made the soup, and I think this is the ultimate illustration of that.



BEST POSTS OF THE WEEK

Here are some of my favorite lines from this week's posts:

Leslie of Lethally Delicious was a little suspicious of the wet bread. I tend to agree, normally we are trying to avoid soggy bread, not make it.

I was very skeptical about this week's selection, chosen by Lauren and Paul at I'll Eat You. Wet bread and I have a hate-hate relationship. I seriously had a hard time understanding how anything containing wet white bread would be something I wouldn't throw out, not to mention love.


Cathy of The Tortefeasor has no problem with the soggy bread, but was a little perturbed at the price of grapes:

Sidenote: I paid $8.14 for a smallish bag of green grapes for this recipe, a fact so shocking to me that I deemed it worthy of a Facebook status update ("Cathy just paid $8.14 for a smallish bag of green grapes.") For those of you not versed in social media, a Facebook status update is a far more serious and solemn affair than a Twitter status update (at least for me, as I will tweet anything).


Great job this week to all, especially to those who stepped out of their comfort zone for this one. I think most everything is worth a try at least once.

Have a wonderful weekend. Make a chocolate pudding pie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment