Saturday, May 23, 2009

Best of CEiMB - May 21, 2009

Thai Style Halibut with Coconut Curry Broth:
Meaty halibut poached in a flavorful Thai red curry and coconut milk broth served over a bed of brown rice and spinach.

This recipe can be found on page 232 of The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life by Ellie Krieger or it can be found here.


BEST PHOTOS OF THE WEEK

This week best photo goes to Liz of The Not So Skinny Kitchen. Liz was also our host this week and picked this fabulous recipe for us to try.



Runner up photo goes to Andrea of You Eat Now. Andrea made her curry with chicken and she added peanuts and mushrooms.



BEST POST OF THE WEEK

This week best post goes to Natalie of What's for Supper?

Natalie's husband Ben does not like cilantro (clearly Ben is a very intelligent man with proper taste buds), but Natalie still thought she could sneak it into the dish without him knowing. Silly silly Natalie.

Apparently Ben came home and commented that the kitchen was smelling of deliciousness.

Ben took a shower and Natalie covertly added cilantro to the pot.

Ben came back into the kitchen and informed Natalie that the kitchen now smelled like a urinal (Amen Ben!)

Furthermore, he said he liked the dish but thought that something in the sauce on top of the fish was not quite right.

Ben was a trooper though and ate his supper. If it were me, I would not have been able to finish this if it had cilantro. I think it is so offensive and totally ruins otherwise tasty things for me. I know so many people love it, but I just don't get it. It's just one of those things I guess.

So thanks to Natalie for making me smile by retelling her semi successful attempt to trick her husband into eating the evil herb.

Great job to everyone and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks :) I'm glad most people ended up liking the recipe; there were lots of great posts about it! I don't have quite the same disdain for cilantro as others, but I could sympathize with Ben and his urinal-smelling kitchen LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an excellent pick and nicely done all around. It gave me the opportunity to try spicy Thai curry paste which I am ubber excited about now!

    ReplyDelete